The Eastern Kentucky University football team will put its three-game winning streak on the line this Saturday when No. 23 Tennessee State visits Roy Kidd Stadium. Game time is set for 1 p.m.
Saturday's game can be seen exclusively on ESPN3.
The winner of Saturday's game will have a clear leg up for a potential FCS playoff berth at the end of the November. Two of the last three meetings between the two squads have been decided by three points.
Eastern Kentucky (5-3, 3-1 OVC) will be facing its first true test since taking on No. 2 Eastern Illinois at the end of September. The Colonels' last three wins have come against teams with a combined record of 4-21 (.190). However, EKU has handled each of its last three opponents in convincing fashion, holding its last three opponents to 10 points or less. The Colonels haven't put together a stretch like that since the middle of the 2010 season.
Tennessee State (7-2, 4-1) had won seven games in a row before dropping a 34-16 decision to Eastern Illinois last weekend. The Tigers' defense has been outstanding all year and leads the league in scoring defense (15.8 ppg), pass defense (183.4 ypg) and total defense (297.7). TSU has a turnover margin of +13, which ranks fifth nationally. On offense, RB Tim Broughton is one of just two running backs in the OVC to average more than 100 yards per game.
The Tigers have won three of the last four meetings against Eastern, including a 23-20 decision last season in Nashville. TSU scored touchdowns on each of its final two drives to pick up the comeback win.
Following this game, the Colonels hit the road for another back scratcher on Saturday, Nov. 9, this time at Jacksonville State.
--Click here for EKU game notes.
--Click here for the Tennessee State football web site.
--Click here for TSU's game notes.
--Saturday's game can be seen on the internet at ESPN3. Click here to watch.
--Saturday's game can be heard locally on WCYO 100.7 FM. Click here for live radio broadcast! WCYO is now streaming on most mobile devices. Download the TuneIn Radio app, available for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, Blackberry, Palm and Windows Phone.
--Click here for live stats!
Twitter: @EKUSports, @EKUFootball, #GoBigE
--Tickets are available by calling the EKU ticket office at 859-622-2122. The ticket office will open at the football stadium at 11:30 a.m. The ticket box office is now accepting these major credit cards - Visa, MC, Discover and American Express. Stadium gates will open at 11:30 a.m., as well.
--Click here for directions to Eastern Kentucky University.
--Saturday's forecast in Richmond calls for partly cloudy skies and a high of 54 degrees.
--The Colonels lead the OVC in both rushing offense (213.2 yards per game) and rushing defense (103.0 ypg). EKU's rushing average is its highest since 2002 (230.8 ypg).
--In six years under head coach Dean Hood, the Colonels are 6-10 against ranked FCS teams. Eastern has dropped games to No. 21 Coastal Carolina and No. 8 Eastern Illinois this year. Last year, the Colonels were 1-1 against ranked teams.
--Senior TE Ike Ariguzo has caught a touchdown pass in two straight games. He notched a 45-yard score in the win at Southeast Missouri and a 29-yard touchdown grab against Tennessee Tech two weeks ago. Ariguzo averages a team-high 17.6 yards per reception.
• The Alumni Coliseum east side parking lot will close at 11 p.m. on Friday night before the game. Any cars remaining in the lot after that time are subject to tow. The lot will reopen Saturday morning at 9 a.m.
• A reminder to Colonel Club members: an alternate route to the Colonel Club parking area is available by entering near Model School.
• Alternate parking areas include: Brockton Lot, located off Van Hoose Drive and behind the Brockton Apartments; Greg Adams Tennis Complex Lot, located across the Bypass from Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Please use one parking space per car or truck.
• Because of the large amount of pedestrian traffic that occurs on Kit Carson Drive after each home football game, Kit Carson Drive will be closed to southbound traffic from the Park Drive intersection to the Van Hoose intersection and will be closed to all traffic from the Van Hoose intersection to the Eastern Bypass intersection after each home game. This closing will occur at the end of each game and will last normally for a period of thirty (30) to forty-five (45) minutes. However, the closing may occur earlier and last longer than anticipated depending on traffic conditions and the size of the crowd.
To ensure that you and all fans have a positive tailgating experience, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
• All state and local laws must be observed.
• Responsible alcohol consumption will be allowed in designated locations in the Colonel Club and Alumni Parking lots for attendees age 21 or older only.
• For safety reasons, all beverages shall be consumed from plastic or paper cups and not in cans or bottles.
• Kegs are not permitted.
• Please clean up your tailgating area before going to the game or leaving the parking area.
• Please behave in an appropriate and responsible manner. Throwing objects or climbing on vehicles is not permitted.
Handicapped Ticket Information
• The handicapped seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium is located on top of the hill in the end zone opposite the scoreboard.
• Patrons must purchase a General Admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The handicapped accessible restrooms are located inside the Begley Building, behind section A under the ramp from the student entrance.
• Handicapped parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the Stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the Bypass.